HCPRo is a leading provider of integrated information, education, training, and consulting products and services in the vital areas of healthcare regulation and compliance. Our mission is to meet the specialized informational, advisory, and educational needs of the healthcare industry.
The Associate Editor writes, edits, researches, and manages projects for a wide variety of publishing mediums and is considered a subject matter expert in assigned market segments.
• Write, edit, and format copy for a wide range of mediums, according to strict standards of quality, style, and voice, with a particular focus on e-newsletters, newsletters, blogs, and Web sites
• Work closely with regulatory specialists, expert sources, and freelancers to ensure all content meets HCPro editorial standards
• Reviews, incorporates, and approves edits on all written work prior to publication, including applicable group edits, peer edits, and copy edits
• Upload relevant content to applicable Web properties through the content management system, and ensure content displays and functions correctly
• Understand and abide by fundamentals of layout and design, including allocation of space for text, photos, and illustrations, headline writing, story placement, and copy significance
• Adhere to strict deadlines and budget requirements for all assigned products
• Work collaboratively with other editors in the peer editing process
• Develop story budgets for assigned print and electronic publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources
• Cultivate sources and develop relationships with existing customers to produce content that is accurate, relevant, and of high value to our readership
• Monitor news-gathering operations to ensure utilization of all news sources, such as press releases, telephone contacts, Web resources, television, wire services, and other reporters
• Meet frequently with editorial, production, editorial services, and marketing staff to discuss projects and resolve problems
• Adhere to strict copyright and permissions guidelines, and manage all submitted content accordingly, including researching, clarifying, or confirming permissions for submitted content
• Demonstrate market expertise for assigned segments, including the composition of the audience, the needs of the customers, and the driving forces that affect them (e.g., regulations, best practices) by conducting market surveys, focus groups, and routine customer research
• Travel, as needed, to both company-sponsored events and industry events, and represent the company in a professional fashion, including cultivating sources, answering or fielding questions about products, conducting industry research, and identifying partnership and growth opportunities
• Serve as editor for assigned e-newsletters or blogs, including managing or writing relevant briefs, ensuring adherence to established peer editing guidelines, and meeting deadlines
Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of experience.
HCPro offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a resume to email@example.com
HCPro/BLR® is an equal opportunity employer.