- We may share Indentifying Information with regulatory or other legal authorities if requested to do so by a court or other government or law enforcement authority.
- We may collect and use information about you and your use of the BLR sites, including Identifying Information, for our own internal purposes such as, for example, analyzing usage of the BLR sites in order to improve them.
- We may use, aggregate and/or distribute information about you and your use of the BLR sites in ways that do not identify you individually or reveal your identity.
- Advertisements, promotional offers, promotional e-mails, "free gifts," and links, for example, on the BLR sites or sent via e-mail or other means from BLR may ask for Identifying Information from you. If you provide this information, your Identifying Information may be provided (either directly from you or by BLR) to the advertiser or Web site or company making the offer or providing the gift.
- BLR may send users, via e-mail or other means, information relating to BLR sites and/or information on specials, new products and/or promotions from our marketing partners/colleagues. The information described in these messages is intended to be of high interest or value to our users. To choose not to receive such messages, a user can simply click or go to a URL link located in the e-mail or other message, which will remove the user from future mailings. Or, for certain sites a user may edit his/her personal account information, which contains an option on receiving special offers, at any time by clicking the appropriate link on the applicable BLR site.
- Occasionally we make our customer list available to other reputable organizations so you may receive offers you might find interesting. Sporadically we permit carefully selected organizations to advertise in our e-mail publications, let them sponsor product alerts or will sponsor their product offers. To stop receiving such e-mails, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mail or send an e-mail to Service@BLR.com at any time.
- In the course of our business, BLR might buy or sell sites or assets. In these kinds of transactions, customer information (such as Identifying Information) is usually one of the transferred business assets. In the event that BLR, its parent, subsidiaries, or affiliates is acquired, merged, or otherwise combined with another party, customer information (such as Identifying Information) will be one of the transferred assets.
- BLR may use other companies and persons to perform certain functions for us. These functions might include, for example, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and sending e-mail. These other companies and persons may have access to customer information (such as Identifying Information) that's needed to perform their functions, but they are not authorized to use it for any other purposes.
- We may share Identifying Information with affiliated companies, business partners and joint venturers, for example, but, we use reasonable efforts to require those companies to honor the confidentiality of such Indentifying Information.
In order to provide our users with a more complete understanding of how the BLR sites collect and use information from our users, we have provided the following information:
Internet Protocol (IP) Address
The BLR sites log IP addresses for systems administration, diagnostic, and site tracking purposes, and to report aggregate information to advertisers. The BLR sites do not link IP addresses to information identifying users individually.
The BLR sites use files called "cookies" to store usernames, passwords, and other user preferences so that users don't have to re-enter this information each time they use a particular BLR site. You should be aware that advertisers serving ads on the BLR sites may use their own cookies.
We, or a data provider we have engaged, may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads, content or services. No personally identifiable information is placed into these cookies. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these cookies or learn more please go to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Additionally, emails we send may contain a bit of code known as a "web beacon." This code allows us to understand the time and date of when a user has opened an email and when he/she has utilized a link within the email to visit a website. Our web beacons do not collect personally identifiable information. Users wishing to disable our web beacons should do so by turning images "off" in their email client (e.g., Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email client for more information."
Opt-Out; Correcting Information
You may opt out of having Identifying Information used for non-essential purposes, disclosed to third parties or used to send promotional correspondence by contracting BLR at the mailing address or email address below. You may also correct information in your registration form by contacting us at the address below. To ensure that your intention in the email is clear, you should include the words “opt-out” and “Indentifying Information” in the subject field of such email. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact:
Some BLR websites use ClickTale web analytics service on a very limited number of pages. ClickTale may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as text you type in the website. This site does not use ClickTale to collect any personally identifiable information entered in this website. ClickTale does not track your browsing habits across web sites which do not use ClickTale services. The information collected by ClickTale service is used, on an aggregate basis, to improve site usability. You can choose to disable the service at http://www.clicktale.net/disable.html
141 Mill Rock Road East
Old Saybrook, CT 06475