North Carolina law exempts anyone employed in a bona fide executive, administrative, or professional capacity, as defined by federal law, from overtime pay requirements.
In addition, the North Carolina law requiring overtime does not apply to (NC Gen. Stat. Sec. 95-25.14):
• Employer's immediate family
• Drivers, drivers' helpers, loaders, and mechanics
• Domestic servants and baby-sitters
• Live-in child care workers and live-in employees in homes for children
• Radio and television announcers, news editors, and chief engineers
• Prisoners and confined mental patients
• Models, actors, and performers
• Sailors and railroad and air carrier ...