In investigating the validity of a filed wage and hour claim, the Department of Employment may:
• Conduct interviews and obtain statements from the employer and employee.
• Examine, copy, and inspect any relevant records or documents.
• Interview or obtain written or oral statements from third parties.
• Contact and receive relevant information from other governmental agencies.
• Make any and all relevant inquiries.
• Refer the claim for an administrative hearing if the employer does not cooperate with the investigation.
See Rules of Practice and Procedure for the Filing, Investigation, and Resolution of Unpaid Wage Claims Under Labor Standards, Chapter 1, Section 5.