Virtually all employees must be covered by workers' compensation insurance (KY Rev. Stat. Ch. 340). The only exceptions are for the following types of workers:
• Casual workers employed outside the usual course of the employer's business and working fewer than 20 consecutive days per year
• Domestic servants, provided the employer has fewer than two employees working 40 hours per week
• Participants in car pools while on their way to and from work
• People who work for charitable and religious organizations in exchange for support
• People covered by federal workers' compensation law
Leased employees, temporary employees. Leasing companies and temporary help services are considered the employers of their leased and temporary employees, and must provide coverage for their employees.