Illinois Energy: What you need to know
Governing Law and Regulations
Renewable energy portfolio standard: Public Act 095-0481
Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC)
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. To date, the federal government's involvement in renewable energy programs has been limited to voluntary programs and providing financial incentives for renewable energy generation. However, Illinois state legislation has established a renewable energy portfolio standard.
• Administration and enforcement. The Illinois Commerce Commission assists with the development and implementation of the renewable energy portfolio standard.
Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
Public Act 095-0481
Each utility must utilize renewable energy resources to make up the following percentages of its total power supply:
- By June 1, 2008: 2 percent
- By June 1, 2009: 4 percent
- By June 1, 2010: 5 percent
- By June 1, 2011: 6 percent
- By June 1, 2012: 7 percent
- By June 1, 2013: 8 percent
- By June 1, 2014: 9 percent
- By June 1, 2015: 10 percent
- By June 1, 2016: 11.5 percent
- By June 1, 2017: 13 percent
- By June 1, 2018: 14.5 percent
- By June 1, 2019: 16 percent
- By June 1, 2020: 17.5 percent
- By June 1, 2021: 19 percent
- By June 1, 2022: 20.5 percent
- By June 1, 2023: 22 percent
- By June 1, 2024: 23.5 percent
- By June 1, 2025: 25 percent
To the extent possible, the renewable resources used to meet the portfolio requirements should be of the following proportion: 75 percent must come from wind power; 25 percent must come from other renewable resources.
In addition to the renewable energy portfolio requirements, Public Act 095-0481 ...
>> Read the rest of this article
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Illinois Energy Resources
Click 'n Train Spanish/English Edition - Lockout/Tagout-Authorized Employee
Complete PowerPoint training meeting in both Spanish and English makes it easy to deliver Lockout/Tagout (Authorized Employee) training. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint slides, handouts, and quizzes."
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source (LO/TO) Training DVD
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. "
Lockout/Tagout Control of Hazardous Energy Sources Training DVD
Great tool for training "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. This includes workers in kitchens, laundry rooms, and maintenance."
OSHA'S Haz Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training DVD
This is a great training tool for "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. -Spanish Edition"
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training Video
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. -Spanish Edition"