Maine Energy: What you need to know
Governing Law and Regulations
Renewable energy portfolio standard: 35-A Maine Revised Statutes (MRS) 3210 and Code of Maine Rules (ME Rule) 65-407-311
Wind energy: 35-A MRS 3404
Maine Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
· Rules. To date the federal government’s involvement in renewable energy programs has been limited to voluntary programs and providing financial incentives for renewable energy generation. However, Maine state legislation has established a renewable energy portfolio standard.
· Administration and enforcement. Maine’s Public Utilities Commission administers the state’s renewable energy portfolio standard.
Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
35-A MRS 3210 and ME Rule 65-407-311
Class II renewable energy portfolio standard. Maine has passed Renewable Energy Portfolio statutes that require each electric utility company to demonstrate that at least 30 percent of its supply portfolio for retail electricity is from eligible renewable energy sources. Eligible renewable resources include:
- Electrical generation that qualifies as a small power production facility under the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission rules, 18 CFR 292, Subpart B, in effect on January 1, 1997; or
- Electrical generation whose total power production capacity does not exceed 100 megawatts and that relies on one or more of the following:
- Fuel cells
- Tidal power
- Solar arrays and installations
- Wind power installations
- Geothermal installations
- Hydroelectric generators
- Biomass generators that are fueled by wood or wood waste, landfill gas or anaerobic digestion of agricultural products, by-products, or ...
>> Read more about Energy
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Maine Energy Resources
Click 'n Train Spanish/English Edition - Lockout/Tagout-Authorized Employee
Complete PowerPoint training meeting in both Spanish and English makes it easy to deliver Lockout/Tagout (Authorized Employee) training. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint slides, handouts, and quizzes."
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source (LO/TO) Training DVD
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. "
Lockout/Tagout Control of Hazardous Energy Sources Training DVD
Great tool for training "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. This includes workers in kitchens, laundry rooms, and maintenance."
OSHA'S Haz Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training DVD
This is a great training tool for "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. -Spanish Edition"
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training Video
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. -Spanish Edition"