Oregon Energy: What you need to know
Governing Law and Regulations
Renewable energy portfolio standard: Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 469A.005 to 469A.210
Oregon Public Utility Commission
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. To date, the federal government's involvement in renewable energy programs has been limited to voluntary programs and providing financial incentives for renewable energy generation. However, Oregon state legislation has established a renewable energy portfolio standard and conservation standards.
• Administration and enforcement. The Oregon Public Utility Commission administers and enforces the renewable energy requirements in Oregon.
Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
ORS 469A.005 to 469A.210
Oregon has passed a renewable energy portfolio statute that requires each utility to include in its energy portfolio a quantity of electricity generated from renewable resources that meets the following annual targets:
- 2011: 5 percent
- 2012: 5 percent
- 2013: 5 percent
- 2014: 5 percent
- 2015: 15 percent
- 2016: 15 percent
- 2017: 15 percent
- 2018: 15 percent
- 2019: 15 percent
- 2020: 20 percent
- 2021: 20 percent
- 2022: 20 percent
- 2023: 20 percent
- 2024: 20 percent
- 2025: 25 percent
Renewable energy resources. A renewable energy resource is electricity generated utilizing one of the following:
- Wind energy
- Solar photovoltaic and solar thermal energy
- Wave, tidal, and ocean thermal energy
- Geothermal energy
- Biomass and biomass by-products, including but not limited to electricity generated from the following, but not if the biomass includes municipal solid waste or wood that ...
>> Read more about Energy
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Oregon Energy Resources
Click 'n Train Spanish/English Edition - Lockout/Tagout-Authorized Employee
Complete PowerPoint training meeting in both Spanish and English makes it easy to deliver Lockout/Tagout (Authorized Employee) training. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint slides, handouts, and quizzes."
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source (LO/TO) Training DVD
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. "
Lockout/Tagout Control of Hazardous Energy Sources Training DVD
Great tool for training "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. This includes workers in kitchens, laundry rooms, and maintenance."
OSHA'S Haz Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training DVD
This is a great training tool for "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. -Spanish Edition"
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training Video
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. -Spanish Edition"