Washington Energy: What you need to know
Governing Law and Regulations
Renewable energy portfolio standard: Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 19.285.010 to 19.285.903
Utility conservation: RCW 19.285.010
Washington Department of Commerce
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. To date, the federal government's involvement in renewable energy programs has been limited to voluntary programs and providing financial incentives for renewable energy generation. However, Washington state legislation has established a renewable energy portfolio standard and conservation standards.
• Administration and enforcement. The Washington Department of Commerce administers and enforces the renewable energy and energy conservation requirements in Washington.
Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
RCW 19.285.010 to 19.285.903
Washington has passed renewable portfolio standard statutes that require each utility that serves more than 25,000 customers in the state of Washington to use eligible renewable resources or acquire equivalent renewable energy credits, or a combination of both, to meet the following annual targets:
- 2012: 3 percent
- 2016: 9 percent
- 2020: 15 percent
Eligible renewable resources. Renewable resources include the following:
- Solar energy
- Geothermal energy
- Landfill gas
- Wave, ocean, or tidal power
- Gas from sewage treatment facilities
- Biodiesel fuel that is not derived from crops raised on land cleared from old growth or first-growth forests where the clearing occurred after December 7, 2006
- Biomass energy based on animal waste or solid organic ...
>> Read more about Energy
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Washington Energy Resources
Click 'n Train Spanish/English Edition - Lockout/Tagout-Authorized Employee
Complete PowerPoint training meeting in both Spanish and English makes it easy to deliver Lockout/Tagout (Authorized Employee) training. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint slides, handouts, and quizzes."
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source (LO/TO) Training DVD
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. "
Lockout/Tagout Control of Hazardous Energy Sources Training DVD
Great tool for training "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. This includes workers in kitchens, laundry rooms, and maintenance."
OSHA'S Haz Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training DVD
This is a great training tool for "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. -Spanish Edition"
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training Video
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. -Spanish Edition"