West Virginia Energy: What you need to know
Governing Law and Regulations
Alternative and renewable energy portfolio standard: House Bill (HB) 103
West Virginia Public Service Commission (PSC)
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. To date, the federal government's involvement in renewable energy programs has been limited to voluntary programs and providing financial incentives for renewable energy generation. However, West Virginia state legislation has established an alternative and renewable energy portfolio standard.
• Administration and enforcement. The West Virginia Public Service Commission administers and enforces the alternative and renewable energy portfolio standards.
Alternative and Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard
Each electric utility doing business in West Virginia will be required to comply with the established alternative and renewable energy portfolio standards. To comply, each year an electric utility must own an amount of alternative or renewable energy credits equal to the following percentage of electricity sold by the electric utility in the preceding year to retail customers in West Virginia:
- Beginning January 1, 2015, and ending December 31, 2019: 10 percent
- Beginning January 1, 2020, and ending December 31, 2024: 15 percent
- On and after January 1, 2025: 25 percent
Credits. Credits may be traded, sold, or used to meet the aforementioned portfolio standards. Electric utilities establish credits as follows:
- 1 credit for each megawatt (MW) hour of electricity generated or purchased from an alternative energy resource facility: ...
>> Read the rest of this article
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
West Virginia Energy Resources
Click 'n Train Spanish/English Edition - Lockout/Tagout-Authorized Employee
Complete PowerPoint training meeting in both Spanish and English makes it easy to deliver Lockout/Tagout (Authorized Employee) training. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint slides, handouts, and quizzes."
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source (LO/TO) Training DVD
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. "
Lockout/Tagout Control of Hazardous Energy Sources Training DVD
Great tool for training "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. This includes workers in kitchens, laundry rooms, and maintenance."
OSHA'S Haz Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training DVD
This is a great training tool for "affected" and "authorized" employees in lockout/tagout procedures. -Spanish Edition"
OSHA'S New Hazardous Energy Source Lockout/Tagout-Spanish Training Video
Meets OSHA's training requirements for "affected" and "authorized" employees. This program is extremely helpful in training employees working with or around any type of machinery and equipment. -Spanish Edition"