Governing Law and Regulations
Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) Industrial Division Compliance and Enforcement Section Hazardous Waste Compliance and Enforcement Unit
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
· Rules. Owners and operators of land treatment facilities in Minnesota must comply with both the federal land treatment rules and the state's requirements for the following:
--Unsaturated monitoring zones
--Facility permits, including fees
· Administration and enforcement. MPCA's Industrial Division administers and enforces the land treatment facility requirements in Minnesota.
MR 7045.0536, Subpart 4
In addition to the federal requirements, land treatment facility owners and operators in Minnesota must:
- Design, construct, operate, and maintain a run-on control system that is capable of preventing flow onto the treatment zone during peak discharge from at least a 100-year storm.
- Design, construct, operate, and maintain a runoff control system to collect and control at least the water volume resulting from a 24-hour, 100-year storm.
- Submit to MPCA, with the permit application, a plan to treat and dispose of runoff contained in the runoff management system.
Note: The U.S. ...