Governing Law and Regulations
Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Division of Waste Management
See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. Florida has regulations for transporters of waste tires.
• Administration and enforcement. DEP administers and enforces waste tire regulations.
WASTE TIRE TRANSPORTERS
FAC 62-711.520(4) and (5)
Waste tire collectors in Florida must obtain a registration number and approval to transport waste tires by submitting an application (Form 62-701.900(18)) to DEP. Registrations expire annually on April 1 unless DEP receives a renewal application by March 1.
Vehicles operated by the same collector from a single location may be registered by a single application with separate listings for each vehicle.
Waste tire collectors in Florida must keep records of activities for each 3-month period. The records must contain the following information:
- The total quantity (expressed in tons) of waste tires collected
- From whom or where the tires were collected and the quantity
- Where the tires were deposited and the quantity deposited at each location
The records and receipts or other written materials documenting where all the tires were deposited, stored, or disposed of, must be kept for 3 years.
Annual Reports and Fees
FAC 62-711.520(7) and FAC ...