Minors under the age of 18. Minors under the age of 18 may not be employed or allowed to work in any mine or underground quarry where explosives are used. However, they may be employed to separate mica if blasting is done during times when no one is working, and the mica is subsequently moved to another site.
Minors under the age of 16. Minors under the age of 16 may not work on or around:
• Belted machines while they are in motion
• Power-driven woodworking machines for cutting, shaping, forming, surfacing, nailing, stapling, wire stitching, fastening or otherwise assembling, processing, or printing wood or veneer
They may not:
• Use power-driven hoisting apparatus except for automatic elevators controlled by push button
• Work in or around plants using, manufacturing, or storing explosives
• Work in electronics jobs that expose the minor to electrical hazards
• Work in or about establishments where alcoholic beverages are manufactured, packed, wrapped, or bottled
• Participate in municipal fire fighting of any kind
• Manufacture goods for immoral purposes
• Work in any employment dangerous to their health or ...