The Indiana overtime requirements do not apply to employers covered by the federal FLSA. This means that for virtually all employers in Indiana the overtime exemptions, including those for bona fide executive, administrative and professional employees, are defined by the federal regulations.
The following are excluded from coverage by the state overtime law:
• Employers with fewer than two employees
• Children under the age of 16
• Independent contractors
• Workers performing services outside the ordinary course of the employer's business
• Persons employed on a commission basis
• Employees of a parent, spouse, or child
• Members and volunteers of religious orders and charitable organizations
• Student funeral directors and embalmers
• Hospital interns and residents
• Students working for their schools
• People with physical or mental disabilities performing services for nonprofit organizations organized primarily to provide employment for the disabled or for assisting in their therapy and rehabilitation
• Insurance producers, insurance solicitors, and outside salespersons, if ...