State employees in the classified service may not use their official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with or affecting the result of an election, nor may they take an active part in political management or in a political campaign.
Prohibited activities. State law prohibits employees in the classified service from:
· Serving as an officer of a political party; a member of a national, state, or local committee of a political party or an officer or member of a committee of a partisan political club; or being a candidate for any of these positions
· Organizing or reorganizing a political party organization or political club
· Directly or indirectly soliciting, receiving, collecting, handling, disbursing, or accounting for assessments, contributions, or other funds for a partisan political purpose
· Organizing, selling tickets to, promoting, or actively participating in a fund-raising activity of a candidate in a partisan election or of a political party or political club
· Taking an active part in managing the political campaign of a candidate for public office in a partisan election or a candidate for political party office
· Becoming a ...