Workforce Investment Council. The D.C. Workforce Investment Council (DCWIC) oversees the implementation of the District's Strategic Five-Year Plan. The Council brings together the public and private sectors, and advises the mayor on various issues related to the District's workforce investment system. Its responsibilities include:
• Develop and improve the District's workforce investment system.
• Ensure coordination and nonduplication of programs and activities.
• Develop and improve ways to assess the effectiveness of workforce investment activities.
• Prepare an annual report that is submitted to the secretary of labor.
• Create the District's employment statistics system.
• Develop incentive grant applications.
• Coordinate ties with employers.
WIA Youth (WIC) programs. “The District of ...