Nevada Process Safety Management: What you need to know
Nevada has adopted the federal rules for process safety management (PSM) of highly hazardous chemicals by reference (NAC 618.5115). In addition, the state has adopted its own rules for the manufacture of explosives (NAC 618.5115 to 618.5120) and for the manufacture, handling, and storage of ammonium perchlorate (NAC 618.5155 to 618.5335).
The Nevada Department of Business and Industry/Division of Industrial Relations administers workplace safety and health rules in the state.
EXPLOSIVES--SAFETY PROGRAMS AND PROCEDURES
NAC 618.5117 to 618.5120
Explosives manufacturers must establish and carry out safety procedures and a written safety program. The safety procedures and written program must include:
- Work rules to prevent exposure of employees to hazards and accidental explosions in the workplace
- A personal protective equipment (PPE) program
- A medical surveillance program if the employer manufactures any explosive containing trinitrotoluene
- Provisions for a change room and shower facility if the employer manufactures Division 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 explosives
- Provisions for site security
- Procedures to occur during the approach and duration of an electrical storm
- An emergency action plan that must be tested once per year
- Procedures for safe movement of explosives within the manufacturing plant
- Procedures for testing explosives for quality control purposes
- The occupancy limits and the maximum allowable amount of explosive for each manufacturing building (which must be posted on each building)
- The maximum amount of explosive permitted for each magazine (which must be posted on the magazine)
- Procedures to ensure that foreign matter that could cause an accidental explosion does not enter the ...
>> Read more about Process Safety Management
More on this topic:
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Nevada Process Safety Management Resources
Process Safety Management Products
Safety.BLR.com - Making Safety Training and Compliance Easier
Safety training and compliance just got easier. You get easy access to hundreds of training solutions, easy-to-understand regulatory analysis, analysis of federal and state full-text regs, regulatory activity, news, and best practices. Safety.BLR.com - your online safety solution."
Safety Audit Checklists - 2013 Edition 2013 Edition
This handy book of checklists helps you easily perform a safety audit. Get your employees and safety committee ready for unexpected OSHA visits, quickly and easily with this checklist system. Helps you uncover problems before you're cited or fined. Get ready for 2013 GHS big changes!
EHS Redi2Use Individual Safety Plans: Process Safety Management
Save time! Be certain you are using proven safety procedures in every situation. Guarantee you have met legal requirements demanded by OSHA!
Making the Business Case for EHS - How to Talk to Your CEO
This practical handbook gives you the knowledge and understanding to convince management how your EHS activities add value to the organization. This book highlights 10 principles that will guide you, along with 8 tactics and 3 case studies you can use to implement your EHS activities. "
Making the Business Case for EHS Programs - Download Edition
Making the Business Case for EHS. Written by Robert B. Pojasek, Ph.D. an international authority on process development and Adjunct Professor at Harvard University, the book lays out the concrete steps that EHS (environmental health and safety) managers must take to get support for their environmental initiatives"