Indiana Asbestos : What you need to know
· Rules. Indiana incorporates the federal asbestos NESHAP regulations by reference. To review these rules, see the national section ASBESTOS. In addition, the state licenses persons engaged in certain asbestos activities and has established notification, fee, and asbestos emissions control procedures. The state adopted the federal requirements for handling asbestos waste, in addition to the state requirements. State training requirements for asbestos abatement certification follow federal requirements. Indiana also follows the federal regulations governing asbestos in the workplace.
· Administration and enforcement. DOL administers and enforces asbestos workplace safety regulations. OAQ administers and enforces the asbestos abatement and licensing requirements. OLQ regulates the disposal of asbestos waste.
326 IAC 18-1 and 329 IAC 10-8.2-4
Applicability. Persons who engage in any of the following activities must be licensed:
- Inspect for asbestos-containing material (ACM) at a facility
- Develop asbestos management plans for school buildings
- Design asbestos projects for implementation at a facility
- Supervise the implementation of asbestos projects at a facility
- Implement asbestos projects at a facility
- Manage disposal of ACM at a waste disposal facility
Qualifications. Applicants seeking a license in any one of the following categories must satisfy the corresponding qualifications: Inspector. In order to qualify for a license as an asbestos inspector, a person must meet the following:
- Possess a high school degree or equivalent (i.e., 2 years of experience in one or a combination of asbestos inspection, building construction, building maintenance, or ...
>> Read more about Asbestos
More on this topic:
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Indiana Asbestos Resources
Asbestos Threat—Spanish Training Video
Defines asbestos and where it can be found. Explains how to reduce exposure to this cancer-causing substance. -Spanish Edition"
Safety.BLR.com - Making Safety Training and Compliance Easier
Safety training and compliance just got easier. You get easy access to hundreds of training solutions, easy-to-understand regulatory analysis, analysis of federal and state full-text regs, regulatory activity, news, and best practices. Safety.BLR.com - your online safety solution."
Enviro.BLR.com is the online tool that makes state environmental compliance management a whole lot easier. Get plain-English state and federal regulatory analysis, 1000's of compliance checklists, forms and other tools, plus daily regulatory updates. "
Environmental Compliance in [Your State]
Avoid difficult state compliance problems. Here is all the plain-English help you need to stay in compliance with the environmental laws in your state. Arranged by topic, this easy to use resource explains how to comply with state regulations, and highlights any differences from federal. Includes regular updates and monthly newsletter."
OSHA Training System - Safety Training
Here's a coordinated, multi-media training program that delivers everything you need to conduct your required OSHA training. In one package you get 32 prewritten safety outlines, 64 reproducible handouts, plus many of the sessions include BLR safety booklets that go along with the meeting outlines. Two part training is effective, easy, and long-lasting."