Oregon Asbestos : What you need to know
· Rules. Oregon's asbestos rules generally follow asbestos NESHAP requirements. In addition, the state has established requirements for asbestos abatement activities, licensing and certification, asbestos waste management, and asbestos waste disposal. Oregon has adopted the federal training requirements for asbestos abatement certification, but has promulgated requirements that are stricter than federal standards for asbestos abatement project refresher training. OR-OSHA has adopted the federal standards for worker protection.
· Administration and enforcement. DEQ administers and enforces the asbestos requirements, including the asbestos NESHAP and the licensing and certification provisions. LRAPA administers and enforces the asbestos requirements within its jurisdiction. OR-OSHA administers and enforces worker protection standards only.
Licensing and Certification Requirements
OAR 340-248-0100 to 340-248-0130 and OAR 340-248-0180
Contractors. All contractors engaging in asbestos abatement projects must be properly licensed by DEQ. Applications for licenses must be submitted on DEQ forms and include the following:
- Documentation that the contractor is a certified supervisor
- Certification that the contractor has read and understands the applicable state and federal asbestos abatement regulations and agrees to comply
- A list of all certificates or licenses, issued to the contractor by any other jurisdiction, that have been suspended or revoked during the past year
- A list of any asbestos-related enforcement actions taken against the contractor during the past year
- A list of additional project supervisors for asbestos abatement projects and their certification numbers
- A ...
>> Read more about Asbestos
More on this topic:
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Oregon Asbestos Resources
Asbestos Threat—Spanish Training Video
Defines asbestos and where it can be found. Explains how to reduce exposure to this cancer-causing substance. -Spanish Edition"
Safety.BLR.com - Making Safety Training and Compliance Easier
Safety training and compliance just got easier. You get easy access to hundreds of training solutions, easy-to-understand regulatory analysis, analysis of federal and state full-text regs, regulatory activity, news, and best practices. Safety.BLR.com - your online safety solution."
Enviro.BLR.com is the online tool that makes state environmental compliance management a whole lot easier. Get plain-English state and federal regulatory analysis, 1000's of compliance checklists, forms and other tools, plus daily regulatory updates. "
Environmental Compliance in [Your State]
Avoid difficult state compliance problems. Here is all the plain-English help you need to stay in compliance with the environmental laws in your state. Arranged by topic, this easy to use resource explains how to comply with state regulations, and highlights any differences from federal. Includes regular updates and monthly newsletter."
OSHA Training System - Safety Training
Here's a coordinated, multi-media training program that delivers everything you need to conduct your required OSHA training. In one package you get 32 prewritten safety outlines, 64 reproducible handouts, plus many of the sessions include BLR safety booklets that go along with the meeting outlines. Two part training is effective, easy, and long-lasting."