Arizona ADA: What you need to know
The Arizona Civil Rights Act prohibits employment practices that discriminate against a job applicant or employee with a disability who is a qualified individual (AZ Rev. Stat. Sec. 41-1461 et seq.). The Act covers employers with 15 or more employees in each of 20 or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year.
Under the Act, it is unlawful for an employer to:
- Participate in any contractual or other arrangement that subjects a qualified individual to unlawful employment discrimination based on disability.
- Use standards, criteria, or methods of administration that have the effect of discriminating on the basis of disability or that perpetuate the discrimination of others.
- Exclude or otherwise deny equal jobs or benefits to an individual qualified for the job or benefits because he or she associates with a person with a known disability.
- Fail to make reasonable accommodations to the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the employer.
- Deny employment opportunities to a qualified job applicant or employee if the denial is based on the need to make a reasonable accommodation to the individual's disability.
- Use qualification standards, employment tests, or other selection criteria that screen out or tend to screen out an individual with a disability, unless the standard, test, or other selection criteria, as used by the employer, is shown to be job related for the position in question and is consistent with business necessity.
- Fail to select and administer employment tests in the most effective manner to ensure that when testing a job applicant or employee with impaired sensory, manual, or speaking skills, the ...
>> Read more about ADA
More on this topic:
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
District of Columbia |
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Arizona ADA Resources
HR Redi2Use Form: Military Leave of Absence
This is your answer to document employee leave requests. A proven, prewritten form that covers specific policy situation exactly when you need it.
Audio Click 'n Train: ADA - What Supervisors Need to Know
This movie-like version of the powerpoint presentation with audio makes it easy to deliver ADA training to supervisors. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint® slides, handouts, quiz, trainer's guide and more!"
HR.BLR.com - Online State and National HR Employment Law Answers
HR.BLR.com is your online answer source for state HR compliance issues. The easy-to-use Library gives you plain-English compliance answers on all key state and federal regulations. Hundreds of downloadable job descriptions, forms and tools make your job easier. Call 1 800 454-0404 for a free personal site tour. "
Safety.BLR.com - Making Safety Training and Compliance Easier
Safety training and compliance just got easier. You get easy access to hundreds of training solutions, easy-to-understand regulatory analysis, analysis of federal and state full-text regs, regulatory activity, news, and best practices. Safety.BLR.com - your online safety solution."
What to Do About Personnel Problems in [Your State]
Understand how to comply with all HR regulations in YOUR state with this practical resource. You get plain-English explanations of state laws on over 200 key personnel topics. Includes comparisons of your state HR laws vs. federal. No wonder our customers call this service "THE HR RED BOOK™". Subscription includes online companion site with links/news! Book available either in print or on CD!