Kansas ADA: What you need to know
The Kansas Act Against Discrimination prohibits employment practices that discriminate on the basis of disability and genetic test results (KS Stat. Sec. 44-1001 et seq.). The law covers private employers with four or more employees and all state and local government agencies regardless of size.
Under the Act, it is unlawful for an employer to:
- Limit, segregate, or classify a job applicant or employee in a way that adversely affects employment opportunities or status based on disability.
- Participate in a contractual or other arrangement or relationship, including a relationship with an employment or referral agency, labor union, an organization providing fringe benefits to an employee or an organization providing training and apprenticeship programs that has the effect of subjecting a disabled applicant or employee to prohibited discrimination.
- Use criteria or methods of administration that have the effect of discrimination based on disability or that perpetuate the discrimination of others.
- Exclude or otherwise deny jobs or benefits to a qualified individual because he or she associates with an individual with a disability.
- Fail to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an applicant or employee with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the employer's business.
- Deny employment opportunities to a job applicant or employee with a disability who is otherwise qualified, if the denial is based on the need to reasonably accommodate the disability of the employee or applicant.
- Use qualification standards, employment tests, or other selection criteria that screen out or tend to screen out an individual with a disability unless the standard, test, ...
>> Read more about ADA
More on this topic:
District of Columbia |
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
Kansas ADA Resources
HR Redi2Use Form: Military Leave of Absence
This is your answer to document employee leave requests. A proven, prewritten form that covers specific policy situation exactly when you need it.
Audio Click 'n Train: ADA - What Supervisors Need to Know
This movie-like version of the powerpoint presentation with audio makes it easy to deliver ADA training to supervisors. This ready-to-deliver meeting gives you effective toolbox training - no preparation required! Includes meeting outlines, customizable PowerPoint® slides, handouts, quiz, trainer's guide and more!"
HR.BLR.com - Online State and National HR Employment Law Answers
HR.BLR.com is your online answer source for state HR compliance issues. The easy-to-use Library gives you plain-English compliance answers on all key state and federal regulations. Hundreds of downloadable job descriptions, forms and tools make your job easier. Call 1 800 454-0404 for a free personal site tour. "
Safety.BLR.com - Making Safety Training and Compliance Easier
Safety training and compliance just got easier. You get easy access to hundreds of training solutions, easy-to-understand regulatory analysis, analysis of federal and state full-text regs, regulatory activity, news, and best practices. Safety.BLR.com - your online safety solution."
What to Do About Personnel Problems in [Your State]
Understand how to comply with all HR regulations in YOUR state with this practical resource. You get plain-English explanations of state laws on over 200 key personnel topics. Includes comparisons of your state HR laws vs. federal. No wonder our customers call this service "THE HR RED BOOK™". Subscription includes online companion site with links/news! Book available either in print or on CD!