New Mexico OSHA : What you need to know
Comparison: State vs. Federal
· Rules. New Mexico is a “state-plan” state, which means it has its own federally approved occupational safety and health regulatory program. State law governs occupational safety and health in both the public and private sector workplaces, except for domestic employment and mines. The state has adopted the federal safety and health standards by reference and adopted its own requirements for construction crane operators, hazard communication, and safety and loss prevention programs for self-insurers under workers’ compensation that are stricter than federal requirements.
· Administration and enforcement. The Occupational Health and Safety Bureau (OHSB) administers and enforces safety and health requirements in private and public sector workplaces. The state Workers’ Compensation Administration (WCA) administers the safety and loss prevention program requirements under workers’ compensation rules.
ORGANIZATION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OHSB protects workers from occupational hazards by regulating employers through its occupational safety and health rules. The agency has four operational areas:
- The Administrative section manages OSHB and gathers statewide statistical information on workplace injuries and fatalities.
- The Compliance section enforces health and safety regulations by conducting on-site inspections.
- The Compliance Assistance section works with and provides help to trade associations, unions, partnerships, and alliances to promote health and safety awareness.
- The Consultation Program section provides training and consultation services to employers that request assistance.
Private and Public Sector
Any “person” (i.e., employer) that has one or more ...
>> Read more about OSHA
New Hampshire |
New Jersey |
New Mexico |
New York |
North Carolina |
North Dakota |
Rhode Island |
South Carolina |
South Dakota |
West Virginia |
New Mexico OSHA Resources
TrainingToday - Safety
The turnkey training tool to cost-effectively start and run your employee training and testing program."
Safety.BLR.com - Making Safety Training and Compliance Easier
Safety training and compliance just got easier. You get easy access to hundreds of training solutions, easy-to-understand regulatory analysis, analysis of federal and state full-text regs, regulatory activity, news, and best practices. Safety.BLR.com - your online safety solution."
OSHA Compliance Advisor Newsletter
This practical newsletter delivers the plain-English safety compliance advice that will help you comply with OSHA's complex regulations. You get case studies, best practices, analysis of new regulations, Federal Register Digest. "
Safety Audit Checklists - 2013 Edition 2013 Edition
This handy book of checklists helps you easily perform a safety audit. Get your employees and safety committee ready for unexpected OSHA visits, quickly and easily with this checklist system. Helps you uncover problems before you're cited or fined. Get ready for 2013 GHS big changes!
Safety Meetings Library on CD
Here's everything you need to prepare and deliver great safety meetings in just minutes -now updated with easy to use and expanded Version 2. This easy-to-use CD delivers 100's of safety meetings, toolbox talks, and handouts on every key OSHA topics - from HazCom to workplace emergencies. You just schedule the training, pick a topic - and these ready-to-use meetings do the rest. "