According to regulations issued by the labor commissioner, the following employees are exempt from the state's minimum wage requirement:
• Minors under the age of 18;
• Employees of nonprofit organizations for after-school or summer employment;
• Trainees for a period not longer than 90 days; and
• Employees subject to a collective bargaining agreement with a clear waiver of constitutional requirements for minimum wage, tip credit, and other provisions.
Under state law, the following do not constitute employment relationships and are therefore not subject to state minimum wage provisions:
• The relationship between a state rehabilitation facility or workshop and an individual with a disability who is participating in a training or rehabilitative program
• The relationship between a state-certified community-based training center and an enrollee participating in a training or rehabilitative program (NV Rev. Stat. Sec. 608.255)