Individuals under the age of 21 may not serve alcoholic beverages for consumption on the employer's premises. Individuals 18 or older may wait table but may not serve alcoholic beverages (AL Code Sec. 25-8-44).
Prohibitions. Minors under the age of 18 may not be employed in the following occupations (AL Code Sec. 25-8-43):
• In or around mines, quarries, coke breakers, or coke ovens
• Operating or assisting with any open freight elevators, cranes, or other power-driven hoisting apparatus except for automatic passenger elevators
• Operating any paper cutting, stapling, corrugating, or punching machine
• Assembling, adjusting, cleaning, or servicing machinery in motion
• In wrecking, demolition, or ship-breaking work
• Operating a truck or heavy equipment
• Logging or work in a sawmill, lath mill, shingle or cooperage mill
• Operating or working with power-driven machinery
• Performing railroad work
• Working as firefighters
• Operating power-driven saws, band saws, or shears
• Working in a distillery or where alcohol is manufactured, ...