The state minimum wage law does not apply to:
• Salaried professional, executive/supervisory, and administrative employees; doctors; lawyers; teachers; and employees in highly technical computer occupations paid at least $27.63 per hour
• Outside sales representatives if at least 80 percent of their work time is related to their sales
• A 20 percent owner of a company or, at a nonprofit, the highest-paid/highest-ranked employee, if he or she is actively engaged in management of the employer
• Elected officials and members of their staffs
• Various in-residence workers such as casual babysitters, property managers, ...