Governing Law and Regulations
Reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions:
Mandatory reporting: 40 CFR 98
GHG reduction targets: Executive Order (EO) 2006-13
Vehicle GHG emissions:
State fleet: EO 2010-14
Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) Air Quality Division
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. Applicable sources must comply with the federal greenhouse gas (GHG) reporting program under 40 CFR 98. Arizona has no additional mandatory GHG reporting.
REPORTING GHG EMISSIONS
40 CFR 98
At this time, Arizona has no mandatory GHG reporting requirements beyond the federal mandatory GHG reporting rule. See the national section GHG MANAGEMENT for more information on mandatory GHG reporting.
GHG REDUCTION TARGETS
Arizona has established the following GHG reduction targets:
- By 2020: Reduce GHG emissions to 2000 levels.
- By 2040: Reduce GHG emissions to 50 percent below 2000 levels.
VEHICLE GHG EMISSIONS
All state agencies, boards, and commissions must continue to purchase only vehicles that:
- Are hybrids.
- Meet low GHG emissions standards.
- Use E-85 fuel, biofuels, or other low GHG alternative fuels.