New Hampshire Title V regulations & environmental compliance analysis

New Hampshire Title V: What you need to know

Governing Law and Regulations

Non-Title V operating permits:

For a Limited Time receive a FREE EHS Report "Recordkeeping for EHS Managers." This special report contains a recordkeeping checklist to help you keep track of your records for major environmental laws and OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard. Download Now

Temporary permits: New Hampshire Regulations-Environmental-Air (NH Regs. Env-A) 607

State operating permits: NH Regs. Env-A 608 and NH Regs. Env-A 604.02

Title V operating permits: NH Regs. Env-A 609.01 to 609.19 and 40 CFR 70 Appendix A

Applicability: NH Regs. Env-A 609.01 and NH Regs. Env-A 609.03

Application content: NH Regs. Env-A 609.06 and NH Regs. Env-A 1709

Action on the application: NH Regs. Env-A 609.10 to 609.14 and NH Regs. Env-A 622.01 to 622.09

Fees: NH Regs. Env-A 705

Regulatory Agency

New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (DES) Air Resources Division

See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.

See national section for basic information and federal regulations.

Comparison: State vs. Federal

Rules. Sources of air contaminants in New Hampshire must obtain a temporary permit. Non-Title V sources must comply with the state operating permit provisions. Sources subject to the Title V program must comply with New Hampshire's Title V operating permit program, which follows the federal program and received final full approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) effective November 23, 2001. The EPA has also approved a Title V permitting threshold for greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that is consistent with the federal requirements. See the national section TITLE V for more information.

Administration and enforcement. DES's Air Resources Division is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the state's air emissions permit program.

State Requirements


Temporary Permits

NH Regs. Env-A 607

A temporary permit must be obtained by new or modified sources listed under NH Regs. ...

Read more about Title V