Governing Law and Regulations
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) Office of Environmental Quality Control Bureau of Land and Waste Management
See national section for basic information and federal regulations.
Comparison: State vs. Federal
• Rules. Unlike the federal reporting rules, South Carolina requires hazardous waste large quantity generators (LQGs) and treatment, storage, and disposal facilities (TSDFs) to report quarterly on their hazardous waste activities. The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) supplies the quarterly report form and accompanying instructions. Data collected from quarterly reports are sent to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) by the DHEC to fulfill the federal biennial report requirements.
• Administration and enforcement. The DHEC's Bureau of Land and Waste Management administers and enforces South Carolina's quarterly report requirements and the federal biennial report requirements.
LQGs must submit a written quarterly report to the DHEC on a form provided by the Department with the following information:
- The EPA identification (ID) number, name, and address of the generator.
- The calendar quarter covered by the report.
- The EPA ID number, name, and address for each off-site TSDF in the ...