Governing Law and Regulations
Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Waste Management and Remediation Division Hazardous Waste Program
Comparison: State vs. Federal
· Rules. Idaho adopts by reference the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule, effective in Idaho as of May 2, 2018. The state’s more stringent rules apply to annual reporting and notification in the event of a release of hazardous waste.
· Administration and enforcement. The Waste Management and Remediation Division of the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) administers and enforces the hazardous waste generator rules in Idaho.
No later than 30 days after the end of each calendar year, each small quantity generator (SQG) and each large quantity generator (LQG) must submit a written annual report to the DEQ, including the following information (IC 39-4411(4)):
- The types and quantities of hazardous wastes generated;
- The types and quantities of such wastes shipped for treatment and disposal by landfilling or other means of disposal;
- The types and quantities of such wastes remaining in storage at the end of the reporting period; and
- Whether such wastes are destined for disposal or treatment in Idaho or whether such wastes are destined for disposal or treatment outside Idaho.
Note: Contact the DEQ for information about ...