New Hampshire PCB Management regulations & environmental compliance analysis

New Hampshire PCB Management: What you need to know

Governing Law and Regulations

Used oil containing polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs): New Hampshire Regulations Environmental-Waste Management (NH Regs. Env-Wm) 807.02 to 807.03, NH Regs. Env-Wm 807.07 to 807.08, and NH Regs. Env-Wm 807.10

For a Limited Time receive a FREE EHS Report "Recordkeeping for EHS Managers." This special report contains a recordkeeping checklist to help you keep track of your records for major environmental laws and OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard. Download Now

PCB monitoring: New Hampshire Regulations Environmental-Water Supply and Pollution Control Division (NH Regs. Env-Ws) 327.54

Regulatory Agencies

New Hampshire Department of Environment Services (DES) Waste Management Division

DES Air Resources Division

DES Water Division

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 1

See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.

See national section for basic information and federal regulations.

Comparison: State vs. Federal

Rules. New Hampshire follows federal regulations for handling, marking, treating, storing, and disposing of PCBs and PCB items under 40 CFR 761.

Used oil containing PCBs at concentrations greater than or equal to 2 parts per million is classified as off-specification used oil and is subject to state rules and federal requirements under the federal Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). See the national sections PCB MANAGEMENT and USED OIL MANAGEMENT for additional information.

DES also monitors drinking water for the presence of PCBs. See the national section DRINKING WATER for more information.

Administration and enforcement. EPA is responsible for enforcing the PCB regulations under TSCA. DES's Waste Management Division administers and enforces the rules for used oil containing PCBs. DES's Water Division is responsible for monitoring drinking water.

Read more about PCB Management