Oklahoma Property Transfer regulations & environmental compliance analysis

Oklahoma Property Transfer: What you need to know

Governing Law and Regulations

Solid waste disposal facilities: Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 252:515-25-36

Regulatory Agencies
For a Limited Time receive a FREE EHS Report "Recordkeeping for EHS Managers." This special report contains a recordkeeping checklist to help you keep track of your records for major environmental laws and OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard. Download Now

Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 5

See ADDRESSES & CONTACTS for addresses and telephone numbers.

See national section for basic information and federal regulations.

Comparison: State vs. Federal

Rules. Oklahoma has no property transfer law that requires the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to certify the condition of property before a real estate transfer may take place. Oklahoma generally follows the federal rules regarding the transfer of property. For additional information, see the national section PROPERTY TRANSFER.

However, Oklahoma does have rules that require hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDF) owners and operators to record in the appropriate land records certain information about the facility when it is closed. Closure rules for hazardous waste TSDFs are covered in the state section CLOSURE AND POST-CLOSURE PLANS.

The state has also established closure and deed recording requirements for solid waste disposal facilities.

This information is available for public review and is intended to help answer questions from future property buyers about the history of a particular piece of property. A careful title examination may reveal recordings required by other state laws and regulations concerning the environmental condition of a property.

Administration and enforcement. DEQ enforces the closure rules in Oklahoma, while EPA enforces property transfers of federal property.

State Requirements


OAC 252:515-25-36

All solid waste disposal ...

Read more about Property Transfer

Oklahoma Property Transfer Resources

Type Title
Forms Well Disclosure Certificate
See all Property Transfer Resources