Colorado Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Colorado Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There is currently one local chapter of the EAPA in Colorado. For more information, the website of the Colorado chapter is Meanwhile, Colorado employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
Colorado has its own EAP for state employees. It provides professional assessment, referral , and short-term counseling services to state employees and serves as a resource for supervisors and managers. The program provides early-stage, preventive intervention as well. For more information, visit the Department of Personnel Administration website at, or contact the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program by calling 303-866-4314 or 800-821-8154 (toll-free in-state only).

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs