Idaho Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Idaho Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as EAP counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a local chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up employee assistance programs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
Although Idaho has not yet established a chapter, Idaho employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
The state of Idaho has an EAP for state employees and their families. Counseling is available throughout the state for a variety of problems including, but not limited to, job related/occupational issues, drugs and alcohol, depression/stress/anxiety, and family relationships. The EAP can also refer employees to an appropriate specialist in the community based on the specific problem. In the Treasure Valley, call 208-343-4180. For more information, go to the Idaho Employees Portal at The EAP can be reached at a toll-free, 24-hour hotline for referral to a local counselor at 1-877-427-2327.

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs