Indiana Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Indiana Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA). These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
Contact information (phone and e-mail) for the Indiana chapter is available at http://www.eapa.infoand for the Kentucky chapter (which serves southern Indiana) at Indiana employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22201-3062
703-522-4585 (fax)
The state of Indiana offers its employees an EAP. The service is provided to help employees identify and resolve problems such as relationship and family concerns, child and elder care needs, alcohol and drug issues, times of loss or grief, depression and anxiety, financial or legal concerns, and stress. Telephone counseling, crisis assistance, legal and financial referrals, and care resources are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service is provided by the Indiana State Personnel Department and Anthem EAP. For more information, visit

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs