Iowa Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Iowa Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. This association also provides guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There are currently two local chapters of the EAPA for Iowa employers. The Heartland chapter, which covers Nebraska and western Iowa, has its own website at The Illowa chapter covers parts of both Iowa and Illinois. Contact information (phone and e-mail) for the Illowa chapter's officers is available on the EAPA website at Meanwhile, Iowa employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
The state of Iowa offers an EAP to state employees and their family members. The free program provides a resource for resolving problems in order to retain valued employees and to promote their health and well-being. Some of the services include critical incident stress debriefing, legal consultation, life coaching services, financial consultation, and short-term counseling.
Services for the Iowa Employee Assistance Program are provided by Employee and Family Resources (EFR) Employees; family members may call 800-327-4692 (toll-free) or 515-244-6090 (in Des Moines) to reach the service; or visit the EFR website at

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs