Kentucky Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Kentucky Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There is currently one local chapter of the EAPA in Kentucky. Contact information (phone and e-mail) for the chapter's officers is available on the EAPA website at Meanwhile, Kentucky employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
The Kentucky Employee Assistance Program (KEAP) is available to state employees to help them deal with problems that may hinder their effectiveness at work, such as marital, family, or emotional distress, alcoholism and drug abuse, financial, or even medical issues. State employees and their dependents are eligible for KEAP services. There is no cost for the information or referral services. All of an employee's contact with KEAP is confidential. Employee involvement with KEAP is permitted on state time with the supervisor's prior approval.
To reach the state KEAP offices:
• From Frankfort, KY, call 502-564-5788
• From anywhere else in the state, call toll-free 800-445-KEAP
Kentucky State Police also have an EAP. They may be reached at 502-573-1719.
Supervisor referrals. Supervisors can refer employees to KEAP when job performance deteriorates. However, participation in KEAP is voluntary. Supervisors may consult with KEAP ...

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs