Minnesota Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Minnesota Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There is currently one local chapter of the EAPA in Minnesota. Contact information (phone and e-mail) for the Upper Midwest chapter’s officers is available on the EAPA website at http://www.eapa.info. Meanwhile, Minnesota employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
The State of Minnesota provides an EAP as a benefit to state employees in all state agencies and offices. The state's EAP is confidential and free. It provides confidential, accessible services to individual employees and state agencies in order to restore and strengthen the health and productivity of employees and the workplace.
It also provides managers and supervisors with coaching and consultation on a wide variety of performance management concerns. The EAP goal in management consultation is to clarify concerns and to collaboratively create a plan to communicate concerns and expectations to an employee.
The state EAP may be contacted at 651-259-3840 or 800-657-3719 (toll-free in-state only) for individual counseling services and at 651-259-3841 for organizational/management services. More information is available at www.mmb.state.mn.us/eap.

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs