Nebraska Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Nebraska Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There is currently one local chapter of the EAPA for Nebraska employers. The Heartland chapter, which covers Nebraska and western Iowa, has its own website at Meanwhile, Nebraska employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) offers an EAP as a free benefit to state employees. The EAP provides confidential counseling and referral services for employees or family members. The EAP offers counseling on personal problems that may adversely affect an individual’s family life, relationships, self-esteem, or job.
If the help of community resources is needed, the EAP counselor will provide a referral to the most appropriate resource. When a referral is made, those expenses become the employee's responsibility. For further information, contact DHHS at 402-471-2306. To arrange for a private and confidential appointment, call Best Care EAP at 402-354-8000 or 800-666-8606. If there is no answer, call 402-354-2710.

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs