Nevada Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Nevada Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There is currently one local chapter of the EAPA in Nevada. Contact information (phone and e-mail) for the chapter’s officers is available on the EAPA website at Meanwhile, Nevada employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
The State of Nevada EAP provides assessment, referral, and brief problem consultation services to employees, supervisors, and agencies in dealing with workplace and personal problems. EAP services are confidential, free, and available to any state employee or family member living with the employee. Employees may use administrative leave with pay for up to two counseling sessions with the EAP (NV Admin. Regs. Sec. 284.589). As an alternative, employees can use sick leave or annual leave for these appointments to provide more confidentiality.
For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact the EAP Coordinator in northern Nevada at 775-687-3869 or 800-398-3271, or the EAP Coordinator in southern Nevada at 702-486-2929 or 800-278-1889.

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs