New Hampshire Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

New Hampshire Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistant program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
Currently, there is one local chapter of the EAPA in New Hampshire. Contact information for the Granite State Chapter is available on the EAPA website at Meanwhile, New Hampshire employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
The state of New Hampshire offers an Employee Assistance Program to its employees, under the auspices of the Department of Health and Human Services. All New Hampshire government employees and their family members are eligible, and the service is free. The state-provided EAP performs short-term counseling and provides referrals to assist employees in dealing with personal problems. Assistance is confidential. Three hours of administrative leave per year is available for each employee for EAP appointments, and sick, vacation, or other authorized leave may be used.

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs