Oklahoma Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Oklahoma Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There are currently two local chapters of the EAPA in Oklahoma. The Greater Oklahoma chapter has its own website, http://www.okceapa.org. Contact information (phone and e-mail) for the Tulsa chapter’s officers is available on the EAPA website at http://www.eapa.info. Meanwhile, Oklahoma employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
703-522-4585 (fax)
By statute, Oklahoma state employees are offered the services of the state EAP. The state EAP assists employers in their management of employees whose personal problems may have a negative effect on their work and offers assessment, referral, consultation, and problem resolution assistance to employees and their family members seeking help with medical or mental health problems, alcohol or drug abuse, emotional, marital, familial, financial, or other personal problems (OK Admin. Code Sec. 530:10-21-1 through Sec. 530:10-21-9). For more information on the state EAP, visit the Oklahoma Office of Personnel Management website at http://www.ok.gov/opm.

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs