Oregon Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Oregon Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the EAPA. These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
There is currently one local chapter of the EAPA for Oregon employers. For more information, visit the Columbia River chapter’s website at http://www.creapa.com. Meanwhile, Oregon employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
The Oregon Department of Administrative Services offers the services of a state-contracted EAP to all state employees. Its purpose is to assist employees and family members in resolving problems that may affect employees' work performance. Problems may include, but are not limited to, the work environment; marriage and/or other family problems; emotional/mental distress; substance abuse; and financial issues.
For more information about the state EAP program, contact the Oregon Department of Administrative Services at 503-373-1654 orhttp://oregon.gov/DAS or call EAP service provider Cascade Centers, Inc., toll-free at 800-433-2320, or at one of the following branch offices:

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs