Utah Counseling Services/ EAPs laws & HR compliance analysis

Utah Counseling Services/ EAPs: What you need to know

Human resources generalists, as well as employee assistance program (EAP) counselors, managers, and directors, can keep abreast of the issues related to EAPs by joining a chapter of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA). These groups also provide guidance to employers that have not yet set up EAPs in their own companies.
For a Limited Time receive a FREE HR Report on the "Critical HR Recordkeeping”.  This exclusive special report covers hiring records, employment relationships, termination records, litigation issues, electronic information issues, tips for better recordkeeping, and a list of legal requirements.  Download Now
Currently, there is one local chapter of the EAPA in Utah. Contact information for the Salt Lake City chapter is available on the EAPA website at http://www.eapa.info/chaptbranch/chaplocate.htm. Meanwhile, Utah employers may obtain information about setting up or belonging to a regional group by contacting:
Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc.
4350 North Fairfax Drive, Suite 410
Arlington, VA 22203
As a benefit, the state of Utah offers its employees and their family members the services of an EAP. For more information, visit Utah’s Department of Human Resource Management website at http://www.dhrm.utah.gov.
State employees also have access to Life Assistance Counseling to provide employees with assistance with personal and family issues. More information about Life Assistance Counseling can be found on Blomquist Hale’s website at http://www.blomquisthale.com. To obtain counseling services, call the applicable phone number:
Salt Lake: 801-262-9619
Ogden: 801-392-6833
Orem/Provo: 801-225-9222
Logan: 435-752-3241
Brigham City: 435 723-1610
All other areas: 800-926-9619 (toll-free)

Read more about Counseling Services/ EAPs