More than any other state, California has enacted numerous leave laws covering various types of leave. Note that some of these laws overlap.
The state laws discussed here include:
• California Family Rights Act
• New Parent Leave Act
• Pregnancy Disability Leave Act
• Paid Family Leave Program
• Family-School Partnership Act
• School Suspensions and Expulsions
• Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victims Leave
• Crime Victims Leave
• Time off for Emergency Duties
• Family Military Leave
• Temporary Disability Leave
At the end of this analysis, a Quick Reference: Interplay of FMLA, CFRA, and PDLA comparison is provided.