You can find your state and local minimum wage rates and tip credit laws in the Minimum Wage Chart.
Several occupations and industries are exempt from the minimum wage provisions of the Delaware law, including (DE Code Tit. 19 Sec. 902et seq.):
• Domestic servants in private homes
• Federal government employees
• Volunteers at not-for-profit organizations
• Fishermen and processors of seafood products at sea
• Counselors under the age of 18 working for nonprofit summer camps
• Inmates participating in work-release programs
• Bona fide administrative, executive, and professional employees
• Commissioned outside salespersons
The state Department of Labor may issue special certificates allowing employment at wages below the minimum rate for learners, apprentices, workers with disabilities, and minors (DE Code Tit. 19 Sec. 905, Sec. 906).