You can find your state and local minimum wage rates and tip credit laws in the Minimum Wage Chart.
(NC Gen. Stat. Sec. 95-25.3
The following are not covered by the state's minimum wage law (NC Gen. Stat. Sec. 95-25.14):
• Outside sales representatives
• Employees of a boys' or girls' summer camp, or a seasonal religious or nonprofit educational conference center
• Bona fide volunteer firefighter or rescue and emergency medical services personnel in an incorporated, nonprofit volunteer or community fire department or an incorporated, nonprofit rescue squad
• Domestic help and babysitters
• Pages in the state assembly or governor's office
• People employed at youth summer camps and nonprofit seasonal camps and retreats
• Inmates of prisons and mental institutions
• Members of the employer's immediate family
The state also provides exemptions for certain white-collar personnel that are identical to the federal exemptions.