You can find your state and local minimum wage rates and tip credit laws in the Minimum Wage Chart.
There are a number of exemptions to the Ohio minimum wage law:
• Individuals employed by the U.S. government
• Certain agricultural workers as detailed in OH Stat. Sec. 4111.01 et seq.
• Live-in companions to a sick, convalescing, or elderly person, and whose main duties do not include housekeeping
• Outside salespeople or those in a bona fide executive, administrative, or professional capacity as such terms are defined by the federal Fair Labor Standards Act
• Members of police or fire protection agencies
• Students employed part-time in the public sector
• Individuals employed by camps for children under the age of 18 and operated by a nonprofit organization
• Individuals employed directly by the house of representatives or the senate
• Employees who are family members of a solely family owned and operated business