Minnesota exempts executive, administrative, and professional employees from the overtime requirements.
There are numerous additional exceptions to the Minnesota overtime requirement, including (MN Stat. Sec. 177.23 and Sec. 177.25):
• Builders of on-farm silos employed on a piece-rate basis, if their pay figured on an hourly basis exceeds the minimum wage
• Two or fewer individuals employed at any given time in agriculture on a farming unit or operation who are paid a salary
• Volunteers at nonprofit organizations
• Seasonal staff members of licensed, nonprofit children's camps
• Seasonal workers in a carnival, circus, fair, or ski facility
• Elected officials or volunteer workers for political subdivisions
• Police and firefighters
• Certain individuals employed by the state as natural resource managers
• Nuns, monks, priests, lay brothers, lay sisters, ministers, and deacons who serve pursuant to their religious obligations ...