Governor's Council for Workforce and Economic Development (GCWED). The GCWED brings together the public and private sectors to develop a strategy for economic growth and to advise the state government on workforce development. The GCWED is responsible for creating the state's 5-Year Strategic Plan as required by federal law for workforce development. In addition, the GCWED's duties include:
• Supporting local workforce investment boards
• Strengthening and expanding partnerships between agencies and local workforce investment boards
• Compiling labor market information
• Creating and sharing best practices in workforce and economic development
• Reinforcing the importance of workforce development and building support for initiatives
• Improving the productivity and competitiveness of Oklahoma's workforce
• Building an education and ...