OSHA Consultation Services
The Delaware Department of Labor's OSHA Consultation Office provides free, on-site consultation services to small businesses (fewer than 250 employees per facility, and 500 employees per company) in the state. The consultations help identify potential hazards, improve safety management systems, and assist in voluntary compliance with OSHA regulations. A consultation includes:
- Health and safety appraisals of all mechanical and environmental hazards and physical practices
- Review of facility safety and health program or assistance in development of a program
- Management conference to discuss findings
- Written report of recommendations and agreements
- Training and assistance with implementing recommendations
All services are voluntary and confidential, and there are no fines, penalties, or fees associated with the service.